Saturday, September 22, 2012

How I Got To Sing with Another Music Icon

I don't remember the second time I met Eraserheads' drummer Raimund Marasigan. The reason why I said second time was because I remember exactly my first encounter with the entire band but that's a totally different blog post. Anyway, I guess it would probably be during those times that I was still working for Pulp Magazine that I've met him again and eventually worked with him in some gigs and photo shoots. Raimund is like Ely and the rest of the Eraserheads, to me, they're like demigods of music. I'm good at keeping my cool when I'm around them but truth is I always make sure that my inner fan girl is asleep just to avoid any shameful scenes and/or circumstances that could possibly arise.

So, how did I ask Raimund to do this cover collaboration with me? I didn't send him a tweet just like what I did with Ely (for my post regarding my jam with Ely, click THIS!), I asked him personally when I watched his band Sandwich in Saguijo and surprisingly enough he said YES! Like Ely, I was ready to be turned down due to the fact that Raimund and his bandmates are probably the busiest local musicians around but he said YES, so jjjoooyyy! It did took a while though before this jam materialized but I had no complains whatsoever. One day while I was doing mundane work at the office, I got a text from Raimund, he said "Pano and kailan mo gusto gawin itong project mo?" So I gave him a call and explained everything and good thing there was that long weekend last August so the date was set.

It was a long travel from Laguna to where Raims lives but I was ready. I wore comfy shoes. Look.


Nice no? Hehe. Anyhu, I was there early, around 10:30am I think. Raims showed me his basement studio first which was being renovated because it got flooded recently. Since the basement studio wasn't ready at that time, we opted to set up in his garage.

Me: Ay sa garahe tayo? Hindi ba nakakahiya? Hehehe
Raimund: OK lang yan. Sanay na sila sa akin na nagiingay dito tsaka ginusto mo yan e haha!

He was right, I really wanted this cover collaboration to happen with him. So what if people can see us thru the gate, the jam was going to be on video anyway and will be uploaded on Youtube. So game! 



That's Lipstick the dog, she'll have a very special participation in one of the videos that you will see later.


Raimund made me use this really good looking black Fender acoustic guitar. Ang gwapo gwapo ng gitara na'to. 

 
So we did a quick jam of what we planned to play.






Another dream collaboration that came true! Thank you, Raimund for the jam and lunch hehe. Here are the videos of my project. We decided to play "Hysteric" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and "Gold Guns Girls" by Metric. I hope you'll like them. Thank you for watching!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment