Saturday, May 16, 2015

Drinks with Heart Evangelista


A chat with actress Heart Evangelista about married life, the food she can eat every day, and why Master Cleanse is NOT her favorite drink


Never have I come across Love Marie Ongpauco – Escudero not smiling. She would always have this welcoming smile on her face every time we would bump into each other, immediately followed by that unavoidable chismisan. She’s funny, and a beautiful person, inside and out. We haven’t seen each other for a while, and the last time I saw her, she was preparing for a photo shoot for our sister magazine’s website, Starstyle.ph. She was about to get married a few months after that shoot, and she couldn’t be any happier. Amidst all the ludicrous articles and family drama, the girl was just determined to put everything behind her to get her happy ending, which she did, and I’m sincerely delighted for her that she found her bliss.

            She had me meet her at her stylist and friend Kat Cruz-Villianueva’s house, whom I’ve known and worked with before I even met Heart. She was drinking what I believe is called Master Cleanse, a customized juice consisting of lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water. Yuck! Personally, I think she doesn’t really need to do this regimen but she said that part of her wants to because she wants to flush out toxins from her body, and to get rid of a few pounds (in which I reacted with a weird face and “huh?!”), and part of her hates it because she has to stop herself from eating solid food for three days (although, I saw her grab a piece of chicharon hehe). We had to take a break from catching up so I can conduct this short Q&A. Read on!            

How did we meet?
Heart’s version:

At my UNO magazine photo shoot. That day, my hair got caught up in the blower. Hindi ko makakalimutan yung araw na yun. I did the shoot with you and Erwin (Romulo). You made me wear your shirts; two shirts with my denim shorts.



My version:
She’s absolutely right. I met her when we shot her for her cover in UNO Magazine. I remember her being so friendly, loves to just talk to everyone, I think that’s why it was just easy to warm up to her. I gave her shirts and when I asked whether I can take photos of her wearing them, she said yes without batting an eyelash.


Reenacting her UNO Magazine cover 


If you were given a chance to spend an hour with someone, who would it be and what would you be talking about?
H: Anyone? Even dead?

D: Oo, pwede.

H: Grace Kelly, I’m such a fan. I want to know her weaknesses, her fears, kasi when you look at her parang she’s so perfect. She lived such an influential life. When you’re in that kind of spotlight where she was when she was still alive, everybody thinks that you have no flaws. I want to relate to her in some aspects, so I wish I could meet her, and just look at her for an hour or two.

What’s the saddest movie you’ve ever watched?
H: Man on Fire, it’s a movie of Denzel Washington and Dakota Fanning, it’s sooo nice! It’s about kidnapping in Mexico, Denzel’s character is the bodyguard of the little girl, but before that, parang he lived such a hopeless life, then she made him believe in life again tapos she got kidnapped, then he just started killing everyone. He started killing all the corrupt officials, cops; basta one by one he started killing all of them.

D: Naiyak ka dun?!

H: Yes, because there’s a big reveal at the end. Watch it!



Three things you can'T live without with this heat?
H: Obviously, air con. Pangalawa, shorts, and then Coke Zero in a plastic tumbler with a lot of ice. I like the sound that the ice makes e. I cannot live without those three as of the moment. 

What makes you love someone?
H: What makes me love someone is their patience and normality. I can get a bit complicated because of family issues so sometimes I’m hard to read, I get shy, so I need a lot of patience, and that’s what made me marry this guy that I’m with now. Chiz is always patient, and I really love how normal he is. He gives me direction in my life, and I really need that.

            His friends are my friends na. You’d think that he would always hangout with people in suits, and will just be busy talking about politics, hindi e. At home, he cooks for us, twice cooked lechon. Sarap! 



What’s the worst thing ever said about you?
H: That I got my whole face done; I got my eyelids carved. I think it’s the worst because no matter how much effort you put on make-up or no matter how naturally appealing you look, some people would still think everything is fake, and they would really insist on it, so it doesn’t really matter what you do. It bothers me a lot! But I got over it…sort of. Ha ha! I mean, I got immune about the negative things said about me a little bit but it still hits me from time to time. 

(Note: While she was answering this question, she was poking and pinching her eyelids and nose, just to show me that she had nothing done on them. Honestly, it was unnecessary for her to do because I don’t really care whether she had anything done.  She’s always been kind to me and fun to hang around with, and that’s what’s important.)     

What food can you eat for a week?
H: My mom’s polvoron, which I recently learned because we’re in good terms na now, and twice cooked lechon na minasahe sa patis. It’s so good! As in crispy. Kung may leftover ka na lechon, lalagyan mo ng patis, and then you deep fry it, and then you put it in a garapon. The fat gets really crunchy, and it melts in your mouth. Ha ha! Sarap talaga. I eat it with Knorr Liquid Seasoning and calamansi, ay, ayan, isa pa yan, Knorr! I put Knorr on mozzarella cheese, eggs, sa kanin.

D: For some reason, I like the smell.

H: Ay, yes! I love the smell! On your fingers? ‘Cause it stays! Ha ha! Ayun, mangga, rock salt, and Knorr!

D: Uy pero wag mashado, medyo di rin okay yun kapag araw araw.

H: Oo, in moderation.

Who gives the best hugs?
H: My dad gives the best hugs. When my dad hugs me, my problems go away. I don’t worry about them anymore. I feel like I’m a little girl again. May tightness yung hugs nya but not all the time because he’s very shy to show affection.



Why is Master Cleanse your favorite drink?
H: I’m just imbibing the idea, brainwashing myself that it’s my favorite drink because it really sucks! I love to eat but since I’m starting to work again and I want to be in shape, I decided to go on this regimen. It also resets your body. Technically, it’s supposed to be healthy, just don’t abuse it. That’s why I’m on it now and I’m only going to do it for three days. I’m just making the most out of everything, before I get pregnant next year.



Follow Heart on Instagram and Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment