Sunday, October 21, 2012

Happy Thought Generators: Recent Hurray Moments!

A Visit To Multiply PH HQ

Since I found out that Multiply will be killing its social networking functions, I downloaded all the photos that I have in both my multiply accounts which includes files from The Dahlin' Shirts' multiply account. I decided to just open a Facebook account for my shirts until I figure out where to house it online again. Good thing my friend Billie Moreno, who co-owns the online shopping site Shopshopshop, suggested that I talk to her contact in Multiply on how I can set-up the online store for my shirts. Here's the thing, MULTIPLY IS NOT DEAD, a global media company and experts in e-commerce Naspers bought the brand and decided to make its transition from a social networking site to an e-commerce / online shopping site.


So with that, I visited the Multiply PH HQ located at the Hanston Building along San Miguel Ave in Ortigas. I met up with Multiply PH's Marketing Manager Tasha Tuazon who explained to me everything that I should know about starting up my Multiply site. It's actually pretty simple to set up, I just need to organize some of my shirt designs that I still want to be sold and my brand new Multiply site will be up and running in no time. 

 The old/new home of The Dahlin' Shirts. Watch out for the complete overhaul 
of my t-shirts' Multiply site.

 Bean bags for chairs? I am liking this office already.

 Hello Multiply PH people! *waves*

 Multiply PH HQ's pantry

 Artwork by Wee Will Doodle on one of the walls at the Multiply PH HQ


Here's a quick overview on how the new Multiply site works

Ramen, Awful Drink and Wonderful Company

I met up with my friends Ira and Wiji after my visit to Multiply's office. We had dinner at Ukokkei Ramen Ron.


I'm not really a huge fan of ramen but there are days that I would crave for a bowl and that was one of those days. I have eaten there before, I just couldn't remember who I was with...lola moments, forgive me. Anyway, the day before we met up for dinner, I did a bit of research about the restaurant which has both positive and negative remarks from people who have eaten there. Again, I didn't even remember that I've been to the place until I saw it again. I guess the ramen did not struck me as THAT special like how it did the others or like what I've said, I'm not much of a ramen fan to begin with for me to be a ramen connoisseur. Based on my research, the restaurant serves a secret ramen called Tan Tan Men, it's miso based but I read that it's spicy so the chance of me ordering that was slim to none. I ordered this instead.

This ramen had me at BUTTER!

Ira ordered the same thing. Wiji being a vegetarian ordered the vegetarian ramen bowl. 
 Ira hungry.

 Me hungry.

 Wiji hungry.
The ramen was good, and it was HUGE!!! As expected, I wasn't able to finish my bowl. Sad because as you can see, it's a bit pricey but worth it naman since it is massive. 

 My Ukokkei Ramen Butter Corn with no spring onions of course because I hate them!!!

Read that we must order the Japanese chicken eggs, so we did but it wasn't that special. You can do without it, trust me.

YUMMEEEHHH!

 The restaurant's counter and kitchen

 We are full

My dates for the night...the lolo not included.

All in all, the second Ukokkei Ramen Ron experience was really good. The ates were very nice, the service was fast, the ramen was good and of course I was with good company. It was a perfect dinner....until we decided to have drinks at Chihuahua Mexican Grill.

All 3 of us ordered this! It's called a Michelada. It's awful!!! I think it's a mixture of beer and tomato juice? Basta, kaloka sha! My lips got burned because of the chili that was on the rim of the glass ala Margarita style. I should have ordered the Margarita if it wasn't so over priced (P145 sha!) or a glass of draft beer. FAIL!

 Oh hey, a mirror ball
 
Daniel Matsunaga watching over me while I pee

It was fun catching up with my ladies. If it wasn't for the fact that it was my first day of work the next day, I would have stayed longer with them just so we could talk. My friends are just so lovely! I'm in-love with them all. 

The New Girl

Hello! My name is Denise J. Mallabo and I'm the new Managing Editor for Creative Solutions at Summit Media. Together with a team of talented people, we will be handling all the advertorials, special executions, etc. etc. etc. of the Kids, Teens, and Home titles of the publication. I'm excited with the new job since I am again back to my element and at the same time challenged since it is such a huge responsibility bestowed upon me making me feel humbled by the fact that Summit trusted me with the job at hand.

 The bottle of vodka was a welcome gift from Esquire's Audrey Carpio (Thanks Audrey!)

 Another welcome gift. JCo donuts from Town and Country's Nins Muallam (Thank you, Nimu!!)

 It's so nice to get messages like this before your day starts to go cray cray on you. Thank you, hun!

Obviously a grown ass woman with a 7-year-old for a brain uses this iMac

No comments:

Post a Comment