Sunday, January 20, 2013

Why I Got Thinner: No Secret Behind It Really

I think I've always been overweight. I love to eat, I mean, who doesn't really? Probably the thinnest women out there dream of eating the fattest food that they could eat if they have the convenience to. I never had a problem with my body other than sometimes I'd feel heavy sporting it. It just gets a bit tiring sometimes whenever people would really go out of their way to tell you the obvious..."Tumataba ka." or "Ang taba mo ngayon ah?" People! NO SANE WOMAN WOULD WANT TO HEAR THESE THINGS! Trust me. It is hurtful. I don't think I could ever remember telling anyone that she's getting fat...well, at least not to their faces. Weight is something that a woman has a love and hate relationship with, just like her hair or her skin. Say something negative about it and it automatically pinches our hearts. I remember working for this publishing company and whenever this particular person sees me, she would always tell me that I'm getting fatter...walang mintis yun ha! Everyday that she would see me talagang sasabihin nya yun. That's why I would really try to avoid her in the hallway so she won't be able to ruin my day.



I could not, for the life of me, remember how many times that I have enrolled myself to a gym and all of them I have failed to get my money's worth. No one to blame but me of course since I was just such a lazy ass and could not haul myself to go. Once I had a membership in Fitness First in Ortigas, it was just newly opened at that time and I was working around the area. At first I was bibo to really get my gym on until eventually I got tired of going....kinatamaran ko talaga sa madaling salita. For the latter part I would just go, exercise for 15 minutes then hit the showers. I LOVED THEIR SHOWERS! They're probably the only reason why I would go there. Sure they have really good equipment and I would also attend some of their classes but yeah, the showers, I really loved the most. Ang lakas lakas ng tubig, it gives you that feeling that your scalp is being massaged. Not sure if it's still the same now, I hope so.

Last year, I finally decided to give this gym thing another shot. I told myself na magagalit na sa akin si Papa Jesus if I enroll myself again then I won't be disciplined enough to go. I don't want to waste my money either so I really took it upon myself to wake up every morning, spend at least an hour and a half or two just sweating it out in the gym. It was difficult at first but I guess I was just that determined to have some sort of change in my life. Personally, I never noticed it until my pants started to become bigger and all my slacks are just too unflattering to wear because they look like lose pajamas. My jeans I can remove without unbuttoning or unzipping it. And then people started to notice that I have been losing weight and they would tell me. Funny that they all have their theories of course even though they won't tell me about it but whenever they ask I'd just say that I go to the gym and I eat less now. I don't know if it's just psychological though but when I started going to the gym, of course I regulated my food intake to help me out. I would still eat all the fatty food that I love but much less. Then eventually I noticed that when I eat out, I would order the same amount of food that I would order before, only to not be able to finish it because I'm already full. But don't get me wrong, I still love to pig out once in a while, it was never in my agenda to starve myself. Life is too short to starve yourself!  


Anyway, why did I blog about this? I guess it's because someday I would want to read about something that I have done in my life that I'm happy and proud about, and how I was able to really dedicate myself on a particular thing and stuck to it until I got what I wanted: a change, an improvement. I was able to shed 20 pounds (yehey!!!!). It only justifies that improving yourself is not impossible. If you're up for it, if you really want it, it's achievable. Fuck all the reasons that you put in your head why you can't do this or that, the only thing that's holding you back is YOU! I don't enjoy going to the gym but what I enjoy about it would be the results that I am now feeling and seeing. I still have a few more pounds to lose, I have a goal (I'm not telling hehehe) and I know that I will be able to attain it in my own pace. I'm really excited about it as well as the other things that I also want to do. This year will be something...I'll definitely make the most out of it :)

NOTE: I still won't be able to run a marathon, I think that's for sure unless Ryan Gosling is waiting at the finish line, or it's the zombie apocalypse and zombies are after me or Derek Ramsay will accompany me while jogging and will hold my hand the entire time anddd I still won't eat onions.


edit edit: 

My cyber friend Tore from the US posted this on my Instagram account and it really made me happy :)



4 comments:

  1. Ang payat mo na!!! :)

    At sino naman yung bwiset na katrabaho mo sa dating publishing company na yun? Tsk tsk tsk. Bad vibes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! :D

      Ayyy, text kita kung sino. Actually hindi lang naman ako yung sinasabihan nya. Marami din :P boooo!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goolay, you're so sexayyyyy! :D Galing! Tama si KV, thinspiration ka nga! :D

    Andddd, kilala ko kung sino yun! Nasabihan na rin ako nun! Hahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! :D Marami parin dapat tanggalin na pounds. Ang sarap sarap lang talaga kumain hihihi Di ba? Araw araw na lang, talagang kailangan ka nyang sabihin ng ganun? Di lang tayo pati sila ano...at anooo...sinasabihan nya rin :( I guess to make herself feel better kasi yung eyes nya uhhmmm...ayoko na nga hehehe!

      Delete