Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Blissful Weekend

I still have a bit of a hangover from the beautiful weekend that I had with my friends in La Union. Last Saturday, my friends Jason "Puto" Astete and Lianne Tauli got married and it could probably be the best wedding that I've ever attended. I'm not much of a wedding aficionado nor I have been invited to a lot of it, but this one was just really special and for the lack of better adjective to use....AWESOME! It was a beach wedding that was held at the Urbiz Garden Plage in San Juan, La Union. The set up was so beautiful. I'm not so sure who organized the entire thing but I know that other than bride and groom, my friends Mara, Bords and Carina had a lot to do with it.





It's been a long time since I've been to the beach with these set of friends and my God, they're still as fun as hell! Of course, we were in our best beach wedding get up, still very much sober, and melting under the summer sun.















The wedding march never fails to tear me up a bit especially the part when the bride is already walking down the aisle. Lianne's bridal march song was Smashing Pumpkins' "Tonight, Tonight"....Haym, I really have super cool friends. I have a video of the march but I still need to edit and stitch it.













And of course as expected, it was a fun filled night. No need to explain how fun it ended up to be because I don't think I could ever explain it into proper sentences. I'm just happy that I was there to experience it with the best group of friends that one could probably have.






A performance by Franco Reyes made everybody, including his guy friends, swoon. Here's a video of him covering an acoustic version of "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters.


Then Lianne and Puto danced to Franco's rendition of Roberta Flack's "The Closer I Get to You." It was such an emotional moment, it took everything in me not to cry again. 







All the love in the world to you Lianne and Puto!

1 comment: