Tuesday, February 28, 2012

An Email from Justin Vernon

Justin Vernon, front man of the American folk band Bon Iver (bon ee-ver), is one of those men that's hard to resist not to bug on twitter. He is very active on twitter. He would tweet photos, music that he listens to, his gigs and he would occasionally reply to people.


 
Last year, I saw a tweet that he posted that gave me an opportunity to really bug him. He said something regarding making bootleg Bon Iver shirts and that he really doesn't mind people making one but at least fucking give them some. So I replied saying that I'll make one and will send it to him. All he needs to do is to give me an address and will have it delivered via Fed Ex. Guess what happened next? I received a direct message from his twitter account.


He gave me an address where I can send him the shirt. At this point, I'm still a bit surprised that he replied to my message and that I'm that close from sending him something that I created....with..my..own..hands *looks at both hands*. And then I asked him his email address because I wanted to send him the studies that I'll be making. It took him a while to reply seeing that he is a very busy man but I eventually got an answer. 



So I got started with the designs. I made it really simple.



I emailed them to him. Again, the waiting game for his reply started and after a month, I received this really short reply in my email.


This really short email made me smile for weeks. An email from Justin Vernon saying that the designs I sent him were cool. He is just probably being polite but nevertheless that "someday" is making me hopeful that indeed someday I'd be able to see him wear a shirt that I made. I haven't sent him anything yet because I would still be requiring a few details from him that Fed Ex would be asking.

So Justin, if you're reading this, first of all congratulations on winning your Grammys. You and your band obviously deserved the awards and all the recognitions that you guys have been getting. Please create more good music. I still want to give you those bootleg shirts, I'm just an email or a direct message away should you be still interested to get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment