Saturday, April 25, 2015

My Home Away From Home in San Juan, La Union


The beach is my happy place. Just the thought of it makes me smile. One of the beaches that I go to is in Urbiztondo, San Juan, La Union and here's where I stay when I'm there. 

Probably my most frequented beach spot would be all the way at Urbiztondo, San Juan, La Union. Based from my experience, it's a 6 to 7 hour travel from Manila if you leave at around 9pm or when the traffic is not that heavy. I commute going there via Partas Trans Co. There are two terminals that I know of, one at Pasay and another in Aurora, Cubao. Just tell the guy at the ticket booth that you're heading to San Juan, La Union, that's either a bus headed for Vigan and Abra. One bus ride going to San Juan, La Union won't cost you more than P500, it's around P460 or lessdepending if it's a deluxe or a first class bus. It would have two bus stops (not including the Dau Bus Terminal) that would give you enough time to go to the comfort room, buy a snack, a smoke break, and stretch.

     When I'm at San Juan, I would always stay at the San Juan Surf Resortmy home away from home. It's a resort that I'm already really comfortable and I feel safe in because it's owned by one of my good friends Luke Landrigan. The staff and crew of the resort are very nice and welcoming, as well as the surf instructors of the San Juan Surf Campthe surf school established by Luke.




Another surf day for Luke and his son Kai


It was a good day to jog



The golden hour. I will never get tired of this view.

   
     The resort has been newly renovated. It has an additional building with new rooms where the new restaurant, Coast Call Kitchen and Bar is situated. The restaurant serves both Pinoy and international dishes. I love that they use wheat bread for their toast and some of their sandwiches. Oh, when you're there, order their banana, peanut butter, and vanilla ice cream smoothie called After Surf, it's sooo good!






Grilled Tuna Belly 

Ham and eggs for breakfast 

Grilled chicken 

Luke ordered this for me. I think this is their Smores Smoothie. It's so bad...it's good!!! 

His: Grilled Chicken Salad. Mine: Grilled Chicken Sandwich

Spinach and mushroom omelette

Bangsilog

The After Surf Smoothie. I order it without the vanilla ice cream because I'm in a constant diet but do try this, it's so refreshing. Easily a favorite of mine.

     There's also a surf shop inside the resort so just in case you forgot your board shorts, slippers, swim wear, rash guard, sunscreenthe shop offers a bunch of beach necessities for you. 







It sure is!




     Every time I'm at the resort, I always stay at my usual cave. I'm a low maintenance traveler. Put me in a room with a fan, a clean bed, my own bathroom with running water and flushing toilet then I'm good, and they have that at the resort. But for those of you traveling with your family or with a bunch of friends, their new and spacious rooms are perfect for you. 






       So for those of you wondering why I subject myself to be confined in a bus for 6 to 7 hours to go to La Union, here's my answer. It's always worth the travel to go back here. I find my quiet time harmoniously enjoying the sound of the waves. I get a charge out of practicing how to surfthe rush it brings to my mind, body, and soul. I love how I can actually read a book while getting kissed by the sun and tickled by the sand. It's lovely in San Juan, La Unionit's my heart's home.

To know more about the San Juan Surf Resort, visit their website at http://www.sanjuansurfresort.ph/. 

Follow them on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment