Thursday, April 2, 2015

These are a Few of My Favorite Things this April!


I like 'em, like 'em, like 'em a lot, and in no particular order


1) Native Shoes' Apollo Moc



Probably the lightest pair of shoes that I've ever worn, the Native Shoes' Apollo Moc is very comfortable. It was released in the U.S. around July of last year, and thank you to the good people of Primer Group of Companies, they made it available here in the Philippines as well. The Apollo Moc weighs as light as 23 ½ regular-sized marshmallows, and it's made out of a sleek micro-fiber blend. I used my pair when I went to Baguio last month for the Panagbenga festival, and because standing for at least a total of four hours waiting for the parade until it ended was no joke, good thing that the Apollo Moc was able to keep my feet pain-free. 

For more details about the Apollo Moc and Native Shoes Philippines, like them on Facebook.


2) Fluid Surf's rashguards, flatbrim cap, dri-fit tank, and 4 way stretch shorts


I've always loved the local surf and skate brand Fluid Surf. I've used their rashguards ever since I started going to the beach in La Union. The proprietors of the brand are the brothers Pabon, Edsel and Bjorn, whom I've known for a long time now and are solid advocates of skateboarding here in the Philippines. Recently, I visited their factory in Cubao to check out their new products and they have new rashguard, and cap designs. Copped their dri-fit jersey tank, and their 4 way stretch board shorts which would probably one of my favorite products that they have. I use it at the beach and at the gym. 

Follow Fluid Surf on Instagram for their latest releases. 


3) La Lola Churreria's Churros 


I've been hearing so much about this La Lola Churreria but since lately I've been trying to stay fit, I couldn't find it in me to try it. Plus the fact that there's always a long queue to buy them fried dough, does not sit well with me either. But one day, I had to go to Power Plant in Rockwell to meet up with a friend and because I was already there, I decided to try it out and finally check what fuss is all about. 

        The verdict: It's sooo good! It's heavenly and yet very sinful because like I've mentioned earlier, it's deep fried, and the sweet chocolate dip just adds up to its sinfulness and gloriousness. I bought six pieces of churros which I shared to my editorial staff (lesser evil, share the calories haha!). I'll definitely put this in my "Fuck off! I'm sad so let me eat all these junk!" long list of food.

La Lola Churreria is located at Basement 1, Power Plant Mall, Rockwell. Follow them on Facebook


4) Flossy Footwear



I love my watermelon slip-ons and the soles smell really good! I swear! I'm not just saying that! It's one of Flossy Footwear's unique characteristics, the soles of the shoes actually smell sweet, and according to the people from Res|Toe|Run, where the brand is being sold, the smell lasts for almost three months depending on the use. Flossy Footwear is a Spanish brand and it's huge all over Europe, especially in the UK. Recently, they released their SS2015 collection, including these watermelon printed cuties. 

Like Flossy Footwear Philippines' Facebook page.


5) Tambai Yakitori Snackhouse's Grilled Food


Last year I cursed the hell out of my friend Franco Ocampo because when I called him on his mobile, he answered by asking "who is this?" God! I hate it when my friends do that to me. So finally, when he figured out who I was, he apologized profusely telling me that he changed his phone and haven't transferred his contacts, yada yada... I told him to save his explanation to someone who actually cares! Anyway, during our conversation, he mentioned that he's been busy because he was working on a business, a restaurant somewhere in Makati. And this is it! Tambai, a restaurant that has a street food feel whose specialty is Yakitori. I had dinner with my friends there, including Franco, and I ordered the soft shell crab, US beef rib finger, and beef isaw. They were all yummy! Their grilled food is best paired with Brew Kettle Beer, which is also being sold there. I will definitely go back to try the rest of what they have to offer. 

Tambai Yakitori Snackhouse is located at 5779 Felipe St. Barangay Poblacion, Makati, and they are open from Mon-Sat, 5pm-12am. Follow them on Instagram and like them Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment