Monday, August 22, 2011

I haven't been blogging much have I?

That's the problem with me having a new blog, I would always forget to post, that, or I just intentionally neglect the thing. Like what I am exactly doing to this blog right here...

Gaaaahhh, so much to say, so much to say but the thing is I already said it to people that it's tiring to post it here now. So, kamusta? Kamusta ang buhay mo? Me? Ayos lang naman. Ganun parin. Work still consumes me. I think I may never marry (as I want to) or even find somebody who would take care of me because of my work. Working for a magazine just sounds glamorous. Sure if you go to parties or what have you but I've never been a party goer. I've always been the person that's never invited to parties because I don't really go anyway. Sometimes I just want to tell my life...Life! Why won't you party? Go out! Have fun! Meet new people. Who knows, you might meet the man of your dreams...but at a party? hhhhhmmmm wait, I don't think so. I want to meet a guy at a super market, preferably at a shampoo or soap section so I would know that he takes a bath or how he would smell like after taking a bath :) That or at the fresh vegetables section, there's something about guys holding a bunch of kangkong or a cabbage head that I really, really like.

Anyway, enough about my man blues, I just got back a week ago from Singapore to watch Two Door Cinema Club.
  Here I am with the band.

They're a bunch of sweethearts, I wanted to hug them all but I didn't know how to start asking for it. All I got were handshakes but meeeehhh, beggars can't be choosers :). The show was way better than their show in Jakarta, and they sounded much better at the Esplanade given that of course the acoustics at the concert hall is really high class. The thing that I didn't want to constantly remind myself was that I got free ticket to the concert but I only found out the day of the show and I already bought my ticket since June. I only asked TDCC's management for a pass to be allowed to shoot at the Esplanade since I know how strict they are there but I didn't know that the band's management will also give me a complimentary ticket. 

 My backstage pass

My complimentary ticket for the concert
My friend Carl just kept telling me to think of it as an upgrade, oh well. I love the band too much, I was just happy to be able to watch them live the 2nd time and to be able to meet them the 2nd time as well. 

What else? What else? 

Ah, I might be handling another magazine where I'll be the editor-in-chief. It's still on the works so I can't post it here, if I have confirmation that it's a hundred percent go, then it's on (to the break of dawn...god, I suck.).

I'm also started to manage a band. They're called The ButcherCons. I'm bad at genres and describing how bands sound like but I like they're music. They're loud, their dance-punk, and they're really entertaining. The bassist was my bandmate, his name is Paolo Bernaldo. He also plays bass for Moonstar 88. The drummer for the The ButcherCons is Bobby Padilla, also the drummer for Hilera. You, who is in the Philippines, should go check them out :) They'll be big, soon! 

I guess that's all for now, the Conan O' Brien documentary that I'm downloading is nearly finished. Time to get a move on! Later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment