Sunday, April 1, 2012

How To Ask a Boy Out via Taylor Hanson


Since I've been getting a lot of comments and queries about this picture, might as well tell you guys how this all happened. 

Let me start by saying that I know Baron (Geisler) personally, and we're not strangers from each other. This is not one of those "I want to date an actor" type of thing that I needed to cross out from my bucket list....although hhhmmm thinking about it now, it's not such a bad idea hehe.

I got invited by a good friend Tricia Pablo to attend the press conference of Hanson and to decline on the offer is just plain silly.



So I got there at the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel a bit earlier than the rest of the press so I can talk and catch up with my friend Tricia who happens to tell me that she can get me 2 tickets to the concert. Excited about this news, I was already thinking of who to ask to go with me and then I thought of Baron, whom I was talking about Hanson a few days prior to the press con. He mentioned that during their Koolits days, they danced to "Mmmbop." I don't know whether it's my creativity, boredom, innate lack of shame, sweetness or all of the above that drove me to do this. I asked for a piece of paper from Tricia, wrote down the invite, folded it and just kept it in the back pocket of my jeans.

After a few minutes of sitting inside the hall, I decided to go to the comfort room and before I got to the door, somebody from the outside opened it for me. It was Zac Hanson.



I was of course a bit shocked. Just look at that face! Come on!? Anyway, after feeling as if I've been a bit mildly electrocuted, I picked up what's left of my composure and said "Hello!" and then he said "Hi!" I then panned to my right and there stood Taylor and Isaac Hanson who were both looking at me.



Being star struck has never been my forte. I've talked to and interviewed international musicians and for some reason I would always act as if I'm just talking to a normal person and not some Grammy Award winner. But in this case, being in front of all three Hanson brothers, it left my knees all wobbly....it was so strange. The first thing that I said while I was looking directly at Taylor Hanson (who has such gorgeous eyes) was "Oh my God!" and he said "Hello!" and good that I was able to say Hi back. And then I regained all my strength, this conversation happened:

Me: Hey Taylor. Can you please do me a favor later?
Taylor: Hhmmm, what is it?
Me: I need to ask this guy out to watch your concert on Friday with me. I wrote down a note and can I ask you to hold it for me so I can take a picture? *insert sweetest smile and puppy dog eyes*
Taylor: (laughs) OK. Sure.

Then he went ahead to go up to their room to freshen up for the press con while I was left standing there a bit dazed.

So the press con happened and here's a video of me asking them something.


I...the dork.

Anyway, the press con ended and I wasn't able to approach Taylor for a picture so at first I thought "that kinda sucked!" but then while I was waiting for a cab outside the lobby, Hanson and their entourage were on their way out to head on to their CD signing. So it's now or never. All three of them were standing by me and when I caught Taylor's eye, I said Hello again and reminded him about the note then he said "Can I see it? What does it say?" So I handed it to him and then all three brothers were reading it and they were all smiling. That moment was so cute that I wish I took a photo. And then just like that, Taylor said "OK" so he flipped the note, I took a photo, we smiled at each other, I thanked him which he replied by saying "no problem" and I was on my way. 

And then I posted this on twitter:


I then sent a message to Baron and asked him to check his twitter because somebody has a message for him. He saw it and he said that he loved it. Oh and yeah, he said yes ha ha! Who would have the nerve to say No to an invite by Taylor Hanson?! 

I had fun during the concert and I think Baron had fun as well.


He had a huge zit which he called Junior

Taken from his Instagram post. He borrowed my glasses because he couldn't see, errmmm...now 
I was the one who couldn't see.

Of course I wouldn't skip the chance to record this video right here.


So that's it. That's how it all happened. I have to admit, it's probably one of the sweetest and impulsive things that I've ever done. I had fun doing it. It gave me a pretty good excuse to talk to a Hanson and he also got me a date ;) WIN!

Now back to my good 'ol boring self :) Happy Sunday to you all!

8 comments:

  1. I'll get this out first - I am so jealous that I could throw something...not at you, but just..aaarrgghhh! The fangirl gods have been good to you :)

    But wow, I can't believe the boys were that approachable and friendly. I didn't have any close encounters with them except for the concert and a quick encounter with all 3 at the hotel lobby. Thank you for sharing, this made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you ;) I guess I was just in the right place and in the right time.

    Anyway, glad to have made you smile this Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... just wow... you are very lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, 'kaw pala ung kasama ni Baron, we were sitting a couple of seats away from u guys. When I saw Baron, I thought to myself, "wow, is he a fan?" Never thought that there's this really cute story behind it. Nice job ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thanks :)

      We just both know a few songs but we really had fun!

      Delete