Thursday, July 21, 2011

To You Who Don't Know Me That Well

Don't believe in other people's opinions about me. They don't fully know me. If they're trying to unknowingly convince you to hate me, don't believe them. Those are just words. Words that have nothing to do with who I am and what I've been doing. Mema...memasabi na lang yung ilan. I'm not saying that I'm the nicest woman out there, for the love of all cute puppies no! All I'm saying is that I hope before you even believe people who are saying not so nice things about me, have the time to get to know me first.

I'm the easiest person to get along with. I laugh about the oddest things. I just recently cried while watching the latest Harry Potter movie so it means that I'm a bit compassionate and melodramatic. I get irritated at the simplest things but I believe in the possibility that one can redeem him or herself through the power of a free lunch or dinner. I do say a lot of not so nice things about some people but most of the time these are justifiable by their actions (or somebody else's stories). And if I'm at fault, I apologize. It's not good to judge, I tell that to myself all the time. Don't easily judge people if you don't want to be easily judged yourself.

As much as I don't want it to get to me, it's just that there are some who make it a habit to be mean. No grace whatsoever. Thinking like they're god's gift to mankind and can say just the most hurtful things unimaginable. I have been guilty of such things when I was younger but I'd like to think that as I've grown older, it's not that I've become wiser, it's the fact that I don't care that much anymore. But words sting, it gets you thinking sometimes if I'm really that kind of person? A monster. Evil. A person so crude that people vomit before they even talk to me. But if I were those things, why do I still have the nicest group of friends? Why do I still have a family who cares for me? Why do I still feel that I'm important at work? Yes, I may not have that special someone who would fight for me to the death but I can and will fight my own battles.

So you see, I cannot convince you to be my friend, but the least that you can do is to not easily believe hearsay. Anyway, I'm just a comment away should you need to clarify on things. I wish you good health and have a nice life.

Thank you for reading,

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment