Monday, February 27, 2012

Hurray for Weekend Gatherings!

Given that I've been too preoccupied (i.e. lazy) to update my blog, I'm going to ram in all the updates in this one whole post. How convenient, yes? I've been on several occasions and gatherings this month, 3 good ones to be exact and here we go. Oh and by the way, all events were done during the weekends. People who really know me knows that I hate going out on a weekend. It's always been my rest day but since I've been "resting" for over a month now....nah, I still hate going out on weekends, it's just that these 3 events were just too hard to pass.

My friends Wiji Lacsamana (illustrator and tattoo artist) and Yvette Tan (book author) just had their first exhibit together last February 11 at Pablo X in Makati. They're both so talented and I couldn't be so proud to see their works on display. I've been friends with these ladies for years now and I've always admired their individual talents, Wiji and her drawing skills, Yvette with her grasp of words and imagination. Here are a few photos from the exhibit and the people who were there.
















I hardly go out on a weekend so why was I in Makati for Art in the Park in Salcedo village? I'm not really sure haha! But hey, there's nothing wrong with adding a bit of culture in your life and some of my friends had a booth so I guess I was there for moral support, friendship, etc.etc. It was so humid that day though. Summer is really starting to make a comeback from its vacation. I was sweating like liempo being roasted (yum!). Around 6pm, I left Salcedo to head on to Manila Pen not to meet with The Bourne Legacy stars, although what I would give to touch Ed Norton's hair and kiss him on the cheek sabay sabi "Ang pogi pogi mo talaga!" I was there for the Skullcandy press launch which I was graciously invited and bugged by the Radar PR people. I love their Aviator head phones, it's so sleek! Anyhu, here are some of pictures from Art in the Park and some Skullcandy products. Oh and I got a free ear bud from Skullcandy so yey!

 






 
 
 

Last Friday, I interviewed Trevor "Trouble" Andrew, a NY based pro-snowboarder and musician. He's also the husband of musician Santigold. He was with his band mate Joao Salomao and Native Shoes' Jason Bothe for a Native Shoes Carnival event made possible by Primer. I met them at M Cafe and before the interview started, they were all raving about the Red Horse Happy Horse and how they want to have the logo tattooed on them. Ridiculous right? But apparently they were serious. And seeing that I have a lot of tattoos, they asked me if they can hook me up with a tattoo artist who can do it. So of course I gave my girl Wiji a call and the rest was tattoo history. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

So how's that for an update?

2 comments: