Saturday, February 11, 2012

Uniqlo, Strange Times Ingress and Tara McPherson (I'm bad with titles...)

Two days ago, I had one of those afternoons where I went running (well, not literally) from one place to another. First stop was at the Hotel Intercon Manila for the press launch of Japan's casual wear retailer Uniqlo. They will be opening a store at the SM Mall of Asia by June this year. The program was hosted by Christine Jacob who looked AMAZING! I don't know how old she is but my God, she really looks fit. Anyway, here are some of the clothes and shirts that were on display that day and hopefully will be sold here in their Manila store.


 I love these Andy Warhol collab shirts

 


 
This is a David Lynch collab shirt

Nice looking seafood salad

Second stop was at the Pablo X gallery to help out my friends Wiji and Yvette set up for their exhibit which will be happening tonight. The exhibit is called Strange Times. Wiji did the paintings and Yvette provided the narrative text.





 The exhibit's first visitor, Carlos Celdran.

Last stop was at Vinyl on Vinyl at the Collective in Malugay street to interview and to have dinner with New York based artist Tara McPherson. I met Tara 2 years ago when she first came here for Graphika Manila. We shot and featured her in UNO.  I also did this video interview with her.



Funny that she remembered this interview when I brought it up during dinner. I think it was because of the Kings of Leon and The Strokes question and how surprised I was with her answer. My recent interview with her will either be published at the UNO website or in the magazine or both, I'm not sure yet but it will be out soon.

 Some of the toys at VoV


Some of Tara's works on display

 Sean, Tara's boyfriend (who looks like he could be Jim Carrey's brother), loved this toy. I told him just to leave the store with it, I'm sure Gaby (dela Merced) wont notice that it's gone hehe. 

 Tara trying to book a hotel in Cambodia

 Hey there!

It was nice meeting her again

No comments:

Post a Comment