Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Rainy Evening with the Padillas

Last week, Chris Padilla (vocalist of the band Hilera) and I have been communicating regarding our cover collab session. We were supposed to do it last week but it got cancelled because they had a gig so we rescheduled it yesterday (Feb 13). Great because today is Valentine's day and what we covered were love songs so I can dedicated it to all of youuuuuuhhhooooo!

Chris' pad wasn't really that difficult to find but I ended up getting lost anyway. Sorry naman! Plus it was raining but it was a good thing that the cab driver was nice enough not to charge me extra because of the traffic (hindi naman talaga dapat e). I got there around 5pm and he looked like he just woke up. Well, Chris always looks like he just woke up anyway then add the Padilla swagger?...ang galing!


Although he also looked a bit under the weather and he was. He was complaining that his chest was hurting a bit and he's having a hard time swallowing and he was losing his voice. Yesterday, I also found out that they have a gig at 70s Bistro. So I told him that we should have cancelled the jam and rescheduled it again, I wouldn't have mind but he said that it was OK, and he also wanted to do it. What a trooper! Originally, I would have wanted to play "Turn Your Lights Down Low" by Bob Marley but realized that it might not be suitable for his voice so we did a last minute change. We talked a little, watched TV, then we practiced our songs. He used an acoustic bass guitar and I used his acoustic guitar with a missing 6th string. This is going to be one interesting jam, I thought. Then Bobby, his brother and the drummer of their band Hilera (and also the band that I'm managing, The Butchercons) arrived and hung out with us. Here are pic-chassss!


 Bobby nagtutulog tulugan.

 with Bob

 with Chris

 my Creative Rec, one of my favorite shoes




 new Hilera line-up haha!


Bobby didn't do squat! Hahaha! Kidding! Chris and I made him check my flip cam if we were in the frame and he clapped after we played the songs. He was there for moral support. Would have been nice if they called their Uncle Robin to jam with us though.....someday...someday. But in the meantime, enjoy these videos of me and Chris singing Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling In Love" and The Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand"

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU!




No comments:

Post a Comment