Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tumbling...Pen Pen's Restaurant...Tumbling....Laguna

Today I went to Cubao X, at Pen Pen's Restaurant to be precise. I was invited by my friend Ping Medina, who's the owner of the said restaurant, because there's a presscon there by Boysen. It's about their KNOxOUT EDSA project. I'll talk about it more in the UNO website, I'll just link the post here soon. Anyhu, there were a lot of people, Ping said that he wasn't expecting the attendees to be that many although of course the restaurant was prepared. I arrived a little after 12noon and the presentation just ended, ngak! So I just sat there and people watched a little before I decided to eat. This was my lunch plate.


That right there on the left is the deadly but oh so yummy Crispy Liempo, on the middle is Lengua and on the far right is Laing. Oh and I got a kakurampot na kanin.


I also got a bowl of Pancit Molo. I have high standards when it comes to Pancit Molo since it's probably my favorite soup (I'd trade a good Batchoy for it any given day) and it's also because of my Ilonggo blood and this was a bit so-so (I'm sorry, Ping. I love your Creamy Pumpkin soup naman e and you, I love you!). 


Aside from the food, the spoon and fork are 2 of my most favorites at Pen Pen's. Look, it's smiling at you while you stuff yourself. It laughs at your gluttony! Har har har! One of the artists who did the Boysen project even asked Ping if he can take home both spoon and fork. Hhhhmmm...maybe next time I should steal a pair. 


The people close to me know about these important things regarding what I don't like to eat. 1) I hate onions and its family...uuhhmmm yes, obviously! 2) Garlic is OK, but I don't like eating them as well but flavor wise, yes, they're good. 3) I don't like eating spicy and bitter food and speaking of spicy, I kind of like this chili stuffed with cheese called Smoked Cheese Dynamita even though I would always, ALWAYS get the really spicy one among the batch served. Every time that happens and Ping is there, I'd give it to him to finish but he would say that it's not spicy at all. Sadyang mababa nga ata ang tolerance ko sa spicy food e, sorry naman he he. Although I still like it, it's probably because of the oozing cheese. I love cheese! 


Since I don't go to Pen Pen's that often because it's too damn far from where I live (everything is far when you live in Laguna) and even though it was only around 1:30pm, I ordered their special draft beer that's close to my heart (and liver) because it's brewed in Negros. It's like Cerveza Negra but lighter and less of the after taste. It's really good.


Let's check out their bar list shall we? Ahhh there's the infamous Baron Geisler right on top. I've tasted it. It's refreshing. It's like lemonade but with vodka or wait, maybe it's gin. I'm not so sure now, basta, it has a kick to it. As for its namesake? He's a good actor and do send him my regards when you see him. Moving along. I also tasted Zombadings, here it is! 


It's sweet, and it obviously has Cola in there. Yung mga ganitong drink, ito yung mga traidor e because you tend to take a lot since the alcohol doesn't kick in immediately but it'll creep on you at the very end plus it's only P90 bucks per jug. Pwede!


The hero of the day! Mister punong abala! Mr. Restaurateur! Ping Medina! I've been asking him to sit down and eat but he didn't not until almost everybody was gone. Nuks! Oh for those of you who read my blog and doesn't live in the Philippines, Ping is also an actor like his dad (haaayyy). You can follow him on twitter and bask on his semi-emotional tweeting prowess he he. When he finally sat down to eat, one of the things that was on his plate was this. 


He calls it Buro (?) and it smelled awful. It looked like somebody chewed and spit it. Ewan.


Oh wait, before I end this post, I must show you guys the cool giveaway from Boysen. It's a 2GB USB and the case is made out of wood. Neat huh? 

So there, at least today I got to leave the house, saw a friend, eat good food, and got home early. I was still able to go to the gym and sweat it out for 2 hours. I burnt everything that I ate at Pen Pen's, boo! My instructor made me use the kettle bell in some exercises and I was really happy about it. Of course the entire routine killed me again but hey, I think it should be that way.

Let's see if there's something interesting in store for me tomorrow. Til the next post!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment